This Page

has been moved to new address

"Catch-All" Box

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Boyer Blog: "Catch-All" Box

Friday, May 23, 2008

"Catch-All" Box


Here's a simple and quick tip that has saved me some time around our home and has served in teaching my children an important quality.
As a mom of 2 young children, (ages 4 and 2) I find myself picking up toys and picking up socks and picking up dolls and picking up whatever else ALL DAY it seems! So, I have recently placed a small box outside my kids' room. (For us, their room is right off the living room, but it might be simpler for some of you to place a container at the bottom of the stairs, or wherever else is best for you.)
So, as I come across misplaced cars and blocks and dress up clothes, throughout the day, I simply place them in the kids' box. Then, usually sometime before supper, I have them empty their box and return their belongings and treasures to their rightful homes as one of their chores. (Be sure they put the toys where they actually belong, or this is counter-productive)
This helps me by keeping me from running back and forth to their room every time I find another toy. This helps my children by giving them responsibility within our home. Luke 16:10 says this: "He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much....." Teach your kids to be faithful in their little responsibilities- like emptying their box each day- with a happy spirit- and they will learn to be faithful in the big things down the road, too!
Kari

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home