This Page

has been moved to new address

Comparison Shopping

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Boyer Blog: Comparison Shopping

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Comparison Shopping


Practice comparison shopping (and teach your kids, too! This is a great practical math lesson). Look at the unit price listed on the shelf below each item at the grocery/drug store, etc., which indicates the cost per pound or ounce. I priced chocolate chips today from 13-18 cents per ounce at the grocery store (store brand, which I don’t really like, vs. Toll House in average- to larger-sized packages), but at my wholesale club , I could get Toll House chips in larger quantity for 11 cents per ounce. (Note that this is an exception to the rule above!) As my grandmother used to tell me, “Mind your pennies, and your dollars will take care of themselves.” ~Kate Boyer Brown

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids and I have had fun over the past several weeks listing the cost of each meal we eat at home. It has inspired them to not ask to eat out since they have seen on paper the money we can save. Some of last month's savings made it possible for my son and Daddy to have a buddy day which included pizza and a movie and the theatre. Teaching kids the value of saving is a great gift to give.

May 19, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home