This Page

has been moved to new address

Trash or Treasure

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Boyer Blog: Trash or Treasure

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trash or Treasure

All mom's have it- those papers and little trinkets that are trash to us and treasure to our kids! What do you do with them! So, for this month's article, I have taken an exerpt from Marilyn's booklet Getting It All Done, which gives practical advice as to running a home, based on her many years experience as a mom...of 14!! She offers a great solution to this issue of trash or treasure!

"As much as possible, remove clutter. The more kids you have the harder this will be to do, but try to create a place for everything to make it easy for the kids to be orderly....... For instance, I'll take a box and put a picture of a matchbox car or a building block on it so the younger children will know that's where those things go; they're a lot more likely to put things away if you make it easy. I bought boxes for all the children to have an under-the-bed treasure box. They have papers they want to save and things mom would just as soon throw in the trashcan, so they can keep their treasures until their box is full. Then they go through the box and throw away what is no longer important, making room for more. That has worked very well to keep junk out of the house."


What a great tip! This allows my children to keep their "treasures" for a while, as well as keeping them orderly and in one place!

I have read Getting it All Done many times and always take something from it- I love the simplicity of it. I definitely encourage you to check it out for yourself! Below I have attached an endorsement for this book by Flo Feldman- an Organization Consultant.

Kari


One of the best organizational books I’ve ever read! Even though I’ve been helping people get organized for 25 years, some books confuse me and make me feel like I need another book to help me understand that book! Marilyn’s book is excellent! It makes being organized simple!!

-Flo Feldman, Organization Consultant


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Our family moved back in October after 18 years in a too-small mobile home, which we had filled with stuff. Decluttering was the best thing we ever did and we're still working on it now! I would like to share a decluttering scripture with you -- Eccl. 3:1,6. "There is an appointed time for everything, and there is a time for every event under Heaven . . . A time to search and a time to give up as lost; a time to keep and a time to throw away." God bless your family; I appreciate your ministry so much.
~~Meghan McComb

July 1, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home