This Page

has been moved to new address

Penny Pinchers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Boyer Blog: Penny Pinchers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Penny Pinchers

Look at your "need" with a critical eye. Recently I needed some more organizational-type storage containers and drawers, but was reluctant to spend the money to buy new ones. I realized I have about 4 of the type of container I was looking for in various rooms of my house, each holding about 1/4 of its capacity in storage. I can combine them, even if I need them in two different rooms, and still have 2 free for my homeless "stuff." This applies to cabinet space, pantry space, etc. -- go through the clutter zones and look at them differently than before. What can be thrown away? What can be stored in a different place with items of like kind to make your storage system more effective? This "out-of-the-box" type of approach can often help you see things you wouldn't notice otherwise and be able to creatively solve your problem and save you money too!
~Kate Boyer Brown

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good reminder. Thank you.

May 14, 2009 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Rich said...

Thanks! I needed to read that. My husband says I keep rubbermaid in business trying to organize clothes for soon to be 4 children under 5:-)

June 5, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home