This Page

has been moved to new address

A Good Question about Quiet Times from a Mom to Marilyn

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Boyer Blog: A Good Question about Quiet Times from a Mom to Marilyn

Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Good Question about Quiet Times from a Mom to Marilyn

Dear Marilyn,

Could you address how to accomplish quiet time with children who share a bedroom? Did you separate them , or did you constantly have to correct them at first to keep quiet time from becoming play time?I appreciate all of your tips and advice. Thank you for being faithful to share the wisdom you've gained with those of us just starting this wonderful journey of parenthood!
Sincerely,
Sarah Cleaver
(wife to Nathan & mom to Ryan-4, Michelle-2, and Nathan-1)


Sarah,

I did have children sharing a bedroom. For quite a while the four oldest boys shared a room with 2 sets of bunk beds. I didn’t require total quietness, except if little ones were napping in the room, but allowed them to whisper or speak in quiet voices. Just by playing Bible CD’s it’s incredible what they pick up even when you would think they weren’t listening. I did require them to play on their beds, not being up and rowdy, but wasn’t constantly supervising. The noise level had to be quiet and little ones not disturbed. Hope that helps.

Marilyn

2 Comments:

Anonymous Champion Builders said...

Thank you for posting this Q&A - I wondered the same thing.
Lori

September 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Scentsibly Prepared said...

Hello - I know this entry was posted a long time ago, but I had a comment and a question. I am the mommy of 5, soon to be 6 little ones. My oldest is 12 and then we have "the babies" - in April I will have 5 babies ages 6 and under.. our days have been going pretty good (the 19 month old is still challanging at together school time) - we do chores (we live on a 57 acre farm in progress) breakfast, Bible, clean up, "together school" which is science on Mon and Wed and History on Tues and Thur, then my oldest takes my two smallest (ages 3 and 19 months) to play while I do phonics and math with the 4 and 6 year old. So I have a couple of questions - is there anything I can have my 12 year old doing "school" wise with the two little ones? She already listens to educational things on cd, but anything else? My 3 year old really wants to do school but his attention span is about -1 minutes and he distracts the other two doing school..
Also, my 4 year old daughter is almost reading but my 6 year old son is getting so fustrated (mostly because his 4 year old sister is passing him up) with reading - he is a whiz at math though. When reading Job (he was 5 at the time) I read "and Job had 7 sons and 3 daughters" and then I asked him "so how many kids did Job have" and he answered right off "10".. Is there any thing I can do to really help him "get it" - he is brought to tears by "100 easy lessons"...
Ok - I think I have written enough :)

January 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home