This Page

has been moved to new address

I Was Deprived Because I was Homeschooled

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Boyer Blog: I Was Deprived Because I was Homeschooled

Friday, October 7, 2011

I Was Deprived Because I was Homeschooled

Guest Post by Ashley Schnarr....


Someone recently asked me if I thought I missed out on anything because I was homeschooled. After our conversation it got me to thinking….. “Was I deprived any thing?” “Did I miss out because I was homeschooled?” After much thought I’ve come to this conclusion:
 
Yes. I DEFINITELY missed out because I was homeschooled.
 

I missed out on so many things like:
  • One size fits all teaching style
  • Grade segregation
  • Mandatory training on subjects that go against my beliefs
  • Being restricted to the average grade for my age
  • Being unsheltered in a peer dominated environment
  • Constrained religious freedoms
  • Limited flexibility
  • Reduced family time
  •  
Homeschooling provided me with much flexibly, freedom and family interaction. I learned to thrive socially by mingling with people of varied ages and God’s Word was instilled in me virtually unhindered.
 
So you ask me “Do you feel deprived?” Yup, I definitely missed out, but you know what? I don’t regret it one bit. I wouldn’t change it for the world.
 

Follow Ashley!
 

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's refreshing to hear such positive things! As a parent, you want the best for your children and sometimes have doubts. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this common question!

October 8, 2011 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Mary Jo LeBlanc said...

I was homeschooled as well, and agree with this 100%.

I was definitely deprived, but I am SO thankful for it!

October 10, 2011 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post! Missing out on the not so good things doesnt seem all that bad, now does it. Thanks for sharing! First time at your blog, love it.

October 11, 2011 at 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Ashley@ Stay-At-Home Daughter said...

I'm so glad this could be encouraging to you!

October 12, 2011 at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home