This Page

has been moved to new address

Some Statements of Faith from our Founding Fathers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Boyer Blog: Some Statements of Faith from our Founding Fathers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Some Statements of Faith from our Founding Fathers

We use these at our Independence Day Celebrations. Let us not forget what our Freedom cost and what our Country was founded on! (all can be found in For You They Signed)



Statements of Faith from our Founders


Samuel Adams- “I rely on the merits of Jesus Christ for a pardon for all my sins.”


Charles Carroll- “On the mercy of my Redeemer I rely for salvation and on His merits; not on the works I have done in obedience to His precepts.

John Witherspoon-“I entreat you in the most earnest manner to believe in Jesus Christ, for there is salvation in no other”


Robert Treat Paine-“I am constrained to express my adoration of…the Author of my existence, in full belief of.. His forgiving mercy revealed to the world through Jesus Christ, through whom I hope for never ending happiness in a future state.

Benjamin Rush-“My only hope of salvation is in the infinite, transcendant love of God manifested to the world by the death of His son upon the Cross. Nothing but his blood will wash away my sins.”


Roger Sherman- “I believe that there is only one living and true God, existing in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.. and that at the end of the world, there will be a resurrection from the dead, and a final judgement of all mankind, when the righteous shall be publically acquitted before Christ the Judge, and be admitted to everlasting life and glory, and the wicked be sentenced to everlasting punishment.”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home