This Page

has been moved to new address

Prayer and Chores

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Boyer Blog: Prayer and Chores

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Prayer and Chores

What do you think about while doing your chores around the house each day? Here's an idea! Associate your chores with something to pray about. For instance, a while back I decided that each time I vacuumed my living room, I would pray for my neighbors who I am burdened for to know Christ. So, I proceeded with this new plan. Now, a couple of years later, I still cannot vacuum my living room without thinking of them and remembering that I need to pray for them. So, as I vacuum, I pray.
I remember a lady in my church encouraging some of us young wives to do something similar- she offered the idea that whenever we ironed our husband's shirts, we pray for our husbands. That encouragement has come to my mind many times since then, and I am compelled to pray for my husband while I stand there ironing his shirt.
Maybe some of you find yourself complaining when you have to hang up clothes again, for instance. Instead of complaining, pray for your children whose clothes you are hanging up!
So, what are your chores? What do you need to pray about?
Give it a try!

Kari Boyer

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kathy Meyers said...

I thank you for this idea. So often I think I am to "Pray without ceasing" but when I reflect on a day I think to myself, "I should have..." I like this and think it will help me to implement my daily prayer with my chores instead of as "another chore".

April 17, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home